Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Living History Farms

Sunday afternoon the Bair family went to Living History Farms in Des Moines. Bair and I have been before and I remember questioning why we paid good money to come see it. Now as the Mother of a toddler I get it; it's a great place to learn, see animals, explore and have an old fashion sarsaparilla (something Chris loves). Living History Farms shows a 1700, 1850 and 1900 farm as well as an 1875 town. Liza can say many names of farm animals and make their sound so she had fun mooing, neighing and oinking through the afternoon.

At the 1900 farm I asked Bair to put Liza on the farm cart so I could take her picture. The picture didn't turn out so well but I'm posting because after I took it Bair said now I want you to make sure wherever you post that picture that you tell people you just took a picture of our daughter on a manure spreader. Little did I know!

Bair also suggested I take this picture and title it Welcome to Iowa!

The kind man let Liza pet the horses and I think she was expecting them to say neigh-neigh back to her when she said it to them.

Liza and her Daddy are checking and the chickens and Liza really wanted to go in the house with them.

We tried and tried to take a shot when we were both looking at the camera but this is the best you are going to get. Enjoy! Until next post.

No comments: