Thursday, August 6, 2009

18 month appointment

Today was Liza's 18 month well baby visit. Technically she's 18 1/2 months but who's counting! She was wonderful during the visit, waved hello and good-bye to everyone. She topped to pet the 4 life size stuffed animals on the way back to the room and remembered to tell them good-bye on her way out. Liza especially liked twirling around on the doctor's stool. Her Daddy let her lay on her tummy and hold on and he spun her around and around. I wasn't a big fan but she was having fun. When the doctor came in and needed the stool I think Liza was a little bit indignant about it. Dr. Wehr said she was perfect and doing wonderfully and no more shots until kindergarten!

Before we left the house this morning I took a few pictures to mark the occasion. Liza is starting to learn what it means to smile for the camera. I asked Liza if I could take her picture and she ran over and stood ramrod straight in front of me, hence the picture below.

I then asked her to smile for the picture and she gave me one cheesy grin.

Before I could give any more editorial direction she came over to the bench, patted it and said here (that means she wants to sit wherever she touches). I picked her up put her on the bench and she looks at me and says picture please - so I took it!

No comments: