Call me crazy but the wedge and the fetal Doppler heart monitor are two of my most cherished possessions! The blue wedge is the perfect pregnancy pillow; before it came into my life I was sleeping with two extra large body pillows and there was not much room left on the bed for Chris. As you know, Chris likes to research products and one day he came home with the wedge. He read reviews and searched for sources and brought me one of the greatest gifts he could. I can't sleep without it now and when it gets lost in the night I've often accidentally awakened Chris when I look for it on his side of the bed. The wedge ranks up there as the best $10.00 we've spent. Let's just face it...I've been neurotic, pessimistic and scared through this entire pregnancy and the ONLY thing (except Chris) that has kept me sane is the fetal Doppler. With that machine, at any time day or night, we can hear our little one's heart beat and it's so reassuring. It doesn't matter if we've just come from a non-stress test and watched our little one move around for 20 minutes - if I convince myself something is wrong nothing will change that except for the Doppler! Thank heavens we decided to rent one because in the end it will certainly cost less than unnecessary trips to Labor and Delivery just for reassurance.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Modern Conveniences...
Thank goodness for modern conveniences!

Call me crazy but the wedge and the fetal Doppler heart monitor are two of my most cherished possessions! The blue wedge is the perfect pregnancy pillow; before it came into my life I was sleeping with two extra large body pillows and there was not much room left on the bed for Chris. As you know, Chris likes to research products and one day he came home with the wedge. He read reviews and searched for sources and brought me one of the greatest gifts he could. I can't sleep without it now and when it gets lost in the night I've often accidentally awakened Chris when I look for it on his side of the bed. The wedge ranks up there as the best $10.00 we've spent. Let's just face it...I've been neurotic, pessimistic and scared through this entire pregnancy and the ONLY thing (except Chris) that has kept me sane is the fetal Doppler. With that machine, at any time day or night, we can hear our little one's heart beat and it's so reassuring. It doesn't matter if we've just come from a non-stress test and watched our little one move around for 20 minutes - if I convince myself something is wrong nothing will change that except for the Doppler! Thank heavens we decided to rent one because in the end it will certainly cost less than unnecessary trips to Labor and Delivery just for reassurance.
Call me crazy but the wedge and the fetal Doppler heart monitor are two of my most cherished possessions! The blue wedge is the perfect pregnancy pillow; before it came into my life I was sleeping with two extra large body pillows and there was not much room left on the bed for Chris. As you know, Chris likes to research products and one day he came home with the wedge. He read reviews and searched for sources and brought me one of the greatest gifts he could. I can't sleep without it now and when it gets lost in the night I've often accidentally awakened Chris when I look for it on his side of the bed. The wedge ranks up there as the best $10.00 we've spent. Let's just face it...I've been neurotic, pessimistic and scared through this entire pregnancy and the ONLY thing (except Chris) that has kept me sane is the fetal Doppler. With that machine, at any time day or night, we can hear our little one's heart beat and it's so reassuring. It doesn't matter if we've just come from a non-stress test and watched our little one move around for 20 minutes - if I convince myself something is wrong nothing will change that except for the Doppler! Thank heavens we decided to rent one because in the end it will certainly cost less than unnecessary trips to Labor and Delivery just for reassurance.
2 comments:
So excited for you guys - this blog is a fantastic idea. Thanks for posting your adventure!
If you used the baby doppler on Bair, would you be able to tell what he ate for lunch?
Post a Comment