Thanks to her Grandmother Bair, Liza has one of the best car seats on the market. The nurse told us it is one of the safest car seats there is and in fact she demonstrated how safe it is after she strapped her in she immediately flipped the entire car seat on its side. That was a moment of panic for both Mommy and Daddy!
We searched high and low for the perfect infant car seat cover. I had to have pink and it had to meet certain criteria. Thanks to her Gran Jones this cover was located at a store in Indianapolis where Gran and Papa stopped on their drive to Iowa.
After 7 nights in the hospital room we were all ready to leave - as you can see the room was good size but when that door opened and I could leave I was ready to go as quickly as we could.
It was all I could do to slow down long enough for Bair to take this picture walking out the hospital's front door.
Once in the car it was all smiles for me especially since Liza slept the entire way home.
Finally we've arrived home and I can't wait to get in the door to see Gran Jones, Kuma and Benji. What will the dogs think of this new arrival?
Kuma is mighty interested in his new little sister; I believe he gave her a big kiss on the mouth!
After such a busy day Liza was glad to stay put for a few minutes - here she is in her very own bed. We all swear she is watching that mobile!
5 comments:
Meg and Chris--Congrats on coming home with Liza. This is the news I was waiting to read. I can now picture you all together, safe and warm. I hope you all sleep well tonight. The nursery looks beautiful!
Lots of love
Teri
We're so happy to have you back in Grinnell! Best wishes for your first night home as a family. We'll see you sooner than later!
Meg and Chris and Liza - Congratulations on being in your home! I have become addicted to your blog and today's pictures and captions were beautiful. Enjoy this most wonderful adventure your family has begun, each day will full of good surprises and treasured memories!
Love,
Maxie
I hope all is well at home. Meg, you and Liza look wonderful together!
Love,Gatewood
Dear Bair Fam and Joneses,
The baby's room looks like a "Decorator Show House." What fine new touches. The only thing I missed in the video was hearing Chris' voice. Please do another talking one. On my, we think you look so perfect at home. Dick said Liza's thank you note to the nurses is good SOUTHERN manners! XXXOOO's Judi and Dick
Post a Comment