Thursday, March 25, 2010

We Love and Miss You

A little over two years ago we started this blog so family and friends who live far away could "watch" Liza grow up in pictures with a little bit of narrative thrown in for laughs.  One of our most faithful readers passed away this month, Chris's grandmother and Liza's great-grandmother, Edith Glasscock.  There was a beautiful service in Auburndale, FL on March 15th and the heartfelt words expressed by so many will forever be etched in my memory.  Had I been able to stand and share my thoughts I would have said Edith, or Nana to us, made you believe you could be better than you were.  There was nothing too small for praise in her eyes.  Without fail, after each post on this blog, Nana would send me an email saying how great Liza was, how great Chris was and how great I was...she told us so much that we really believed it; she made you want to do better and be better.  Whenever I think of her a smile comes to my face and what I remember most are the wonderful family times, Nana's love and concern for everyone and the way her smile made you smile too.

This picture is from our first trip to Stuart with Liza and it is the first time Nana and Gaggy got to hold her!


Labor Day weekend in 2009 the entire family found themselves in Stuart and we had a great time together.  Swimming in the pool, having dinner with each other and enjoying the beautiful sunshine.  We also had a family photo shoot and this is one of my favorites. 


Nana's grandchildren and great grandchildren brought her such great pleasure and she couldn't have been more proud of each and every one of them.


Christmas 2009 will always be special because we celebrated together in Stuart.  I wish this picture were a video instead because Liza squealed in delight when she opened this Thomas Station from her Nana and Gaggy! 

  
Our family hopes to honor Nana's memory by giving generously, loving boundlessly and encouraging our family every day in every way we can - just like Nana did for us.  

2 comments:

Sydney's Mommy said...

what a beautiful tribute to clearly a lady who was special to many. No doubt she will continue to touch your lives and live in your hearts.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute to Chris' wonderful loving Grand-mother. I'm sure the 3 of you made her very happy. What a blessing that you all could be together on your visits. This blog id such a joy to all of us who know and love you.
Have a Happy Easter. I see you are already into eggs. XXXOOO's Judi