Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Tradition

I can't recall how it started but many years ago our family began bowling on Thanksgiving Day. Even though I never bowled well I kept going. When Bair joined our family I talked really big about how well I could bowl - not sure what came over me. When he went with us the first time I think I put more in the gutter than down the lane. Bair didn't want to go bowling this year and in a way I was thankful because I didn't want to watch him run up the score while mine went in the gutter. Somehow someway teams were picked and Marilyn, Daddy and I were on one team - if you haven't guessed it we were the left-overs - no one wanted our scores to bring them down. We had so much, I bowled my first strike and even broke 100. I'm not holding my breath because I don't think it will happen again but it was a whole lot of fun.

My cousin's children are having a lot of fun together.

One of the best moments was watching my Daddy concentrate on his form and in mid-stride toss the ball backwards. I think it was because he thinks wearing his hat backwards is still cool. Notice all the different color bowling balls...we thought one of each weight might improve our chances.

1 comment:

Rory Mullen said...

Tossing his ball backwards....PRICELESS! LOL :)