Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby Bjorn and Heirloom Cradle

Finally! The sweet child is sleeping in the family heirloom cradle. Her Mimi or Nannah (emphasis on the ann as opposed to ah like Nana), who is still trying to pick out her grandmother name, made the skirt when I was born and fortunately it held up through the years. I think that my great grandmother was the first one to use the cradle and since that time several other generations have enjoyed it. This may be the only time Liza sleeps in it because the baby books of today make you think anything antique will somehow harm your child. I'm pleased we have this picture to show Liza how she was part of continuing family traditions. By the way the mobile plays Grandmother Sherra's favorite song...Hush Little Baby.



Her Daddy and I can't resist taking cute pictures of her. Tonight we figured out that on average we have 10 pictures for each day of life so far. Heaven help us and you the readers of this blog if we keep up that pace.


Thank you Suzy for the Baby Bjorn carrier. Last night she was fussing and her Daddy strapped on that carrier and she slept right on this chest while he read a book about digital photography. What a great invention!


This face is the one her Mother most often sees so we had to capture the moment!

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Great new pictures. The heirloom crib has held a lot of babies.It looks very traditional. Thanks for sharing the joy of the new arrival with us. I hope we get to see Liza up close and personal real soon. How about a weather update so we know what it is like.

Jerry said...

i used the crib also for Jay and Beth. While looking for trim for the 'to be Beth" Jay slipped off and got lost. Panic set in as the whole store tried to help find him and keep me from an early delivery. After giving a decription on the public address,he was found sitting at the lunch food counter eating donuts--chocolet all over his face.Liza is very cute.My great wealth of knowledge to follow.

Anonymous said...

Hope all of you are doing well and settling into a bit of a routine. Keep the pictures coming....I love checking in on Liza!