Monday, June 1, 2009

She's got personality...

Sunday Chris decided it would be a great day to blow up Liza's pool. He huffed and puffed and filled it up only to discover Liza wasn't very interested in getting in. She was much more content to splash in it from the outside. I stepped in it to encourage her to get in and it was so cold no wonder she stayed on the outer edge. Chris asked me to sit down in the water to see if she'd come in to me and I told him no way it was way too cold! After trying every trick we knew Chris decided to drain the pool because Liza wasn't the least bit interested. No sooner had he started draining than she wandered over to it and looked like she might like to get in. This time Chris stood in the water and was about to go all in because he didn't want his huffing and puffing to be for naught, unfortunately, Liza lost interest again so he stayed dry.

Here she is modeling her One Step Ahead swimsuit and hat that are theoretically made from SPF 50 material. Liza had a big head but I think I might have ordered a size too big.

After the failed pool attempt and playing in the yard in her swimsuit we came inside. Liza has a couple of small ride on toys in the house. Below is one she got for Christmas that for a while she only went backwards on. Now...she's all into going forward but she doesn't sit on the seat. She stands between the seat and the handle bars and just walks along. It's very funny to watch!

Each morning I pull out two outfits for Liza and let her "pick" which one she wants to wear. We all know she's not really picking but it's fun to see what she does. So this morning I gave her this dress and a 2 piece bloomers type outfit. She is fascinated with the lady bugs on her dress so much so that she pulls it up a lot to study them. After she was dressed she was playing in her room and I went into our room for something. We met in the hallway and she was carrying the other outfit. I asked her what she wanted to do with it and she turned to her room, walked right up to her closet and tried to hang the outfit she didn't pick back in the closet. Please, oh please, tell me she's going to want to keep her room clean!

Before we could leave this morning Liza had a few things she needed to tell me. I think it amounted to when are we going to go to Rita's, I want to tell Pat-Pat (Kuma) good-bye and I think Daddy is here even though you keep telling me he's gone to work. She's a funny girl our little Liza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Each time you post I wonder how she can get any cuter but she does. It seems I have noting new to say except that your family is a joy. Thank you for taking the time to share the photos and stories. Can't wait until July to see everybody. Much love, Judi