Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun Fun for Everyone!

Last week was a busy week at the Bair household! Grandmother Bair and Patrick came for a visit and Liza's library certainly got a big boost - thanks "Granma." We're not completely sure but we think that's the current term of endearment Liza is using for her Grandmother Bair. We didn't have much luck getting her to say Patrick but we're still working on it. Somehow during our week of activities together our family shutterbug couldn't find time to snap any photographs so we don't have any pictorial documentation for you. Since I know some of you have been counting the days (12) since our last post I'm posting a few pictures from my camera phone. Not the best quality but you can still see the cutest girl in the world enjoying everything she does.

We took Liza to Music in the Park a couple of weeks ago and she had a good time. We weren't planning to stay but she was enjoying herself so much we hung out with friends on the grass while the children were playing. Since it was an impromptu stop for us we did not have Liza "supplies." In this picture I gave her a sip of my lukewarm water and she gave me the yuck face back. The best part of it is the yuck face is just so cute!

On Father's Day we loaded up the van and headed for the Science Center of Iowa. There were a lot of neat exhibits, for all ages, and I think the adults had as much fun as Liza. In one exhibit there was a farm stand with vegetables and a conveyor system. In this picture Liza is trying to help Daddy get the veggies on the conveyor belt. Liza had been playing with a little boy and in this picture you can see him leaning over towards the floor. I hope she didn't accidentally knock him over with those wide swinging arms!
There is no denying it, Liza loves bubbles. At home we'll go out in the backyard and she'll ask for bubbles and watch them float all around her. At the museum there were 3 huge containers of bubbles with different color wands. We had no idea how slippery the floor would be near the bubble containers and unfortunately Liza found out. She was so excited to see the bubbles she couldn't contain her excitement and her feet slipped out from under her. It hardly phased her (and the floor is padded so that helps), she was dirty from head to toe but she jumped up and kept right on going.

When I took this picture I thought I was capturing Liza trying to catch a big bubble. Now that I look at it more closely it looks like she is having fun playing with the bubble wand and the big bubble in the air likely came from the bubbles her Daddy was making.
Liza woke up earlier than usual on Monday so I called Rita in the late morning to check on her. Rita said Liza was doing great and had learned a new trick. Liza loves the swings and wants to be able to swing like the big kids do. So she apparently spent the morning learning how to swing on the big swings laying on her tummy rather than sitting on her tush. Rita told me Liza was so proud of herself but unfortunately she was covered in mud...wouldn't you know it the week I didn't pack a change of clothes. Rita said if I got there before 11 am I could see Liza's new trick! I rushed to grab new clothes and headed over there. I missed the trick but I got an up close look at the mud. It's times like these I'm not sure she's my child because being muddy didn't bother her at all. Maybe there is hope for her on Montreat camp-outs!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see and hear from the fam. We've been watching for an update. Can't wait for July.
XXXOOO's Judi and Dick