Way to go Daddy - thank you so much for being strong enough to take me wherever I want to go. Now could you figure out the mosquito netting and maybe get me a pillow?Monday, June 23, 2008
Des Moines Farmer's Market
Many years ago Chris and several of his Des Moines friends had a booth at the Farmer's Market where they sold the products from their community sponsored agriculture experiment. Most Saturdays I didn't go with him because it was WAY too early to get up and get to DSM in time to set up for opening at 7:00 a.m. Of course those were the pre-Liza days...now 5:30 a.m. is close to regular wake up time so an adventure to the Saturday market fits into our schedule perfectly. Saturday was the first time we've been to the market since Chris got his combo birthday/father's day back pack. Liza and Chris were one of the biggest attractions at the market. People would stop us to ask how heavy the pack was, to see how much Liza could see or to ask about the sunshade. One man even took our picture. The comments from those not brave enough to stop us were the best. As we were walking past I heard one father say to his wife, that's exactly what we need and she said there is no way you could carry just the frame without a child in it. He told her he most certainly could. I glanced back to check out his build and while I'm sure he has the best of intentions it might take someone with Chris's frame to successfully pull it off.
Way to go Daddy - thank you so much for being strong enough to take me wherever I want to go. Now could you figure out the mosquito netting and maybe get me a pillow?
Way to go Daddy - thank you so much for being strong enough to take me wherever I want to go. Now could you figure out the mosquito netting and maybe get me a pillow?
2 comments:
That is so cute! And she looks like she is having a BLAST!
Thank you! Liza absolutely loves her back pack.
Post a Comment