Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010 - Part II

After our quick stop at home we headed to see our family in Florida.  Each year Liza looks forward to the trip because she gets to go pet the sting rays.  Just last night, while playing with Iggy (her stuffed sting ray), she asked if we could go pet the stingrays every time we go to Florida.  Liza gets so excited every time a sting ray came into close to her and in this picture, Liza and Daddy were having so much fun with the sting rays.

This year Liza was old enough to pet the animals in the big starfish and loved doing it.  We just had to work on keeping them in the tank.
 
 We celebrated Christmas on New Year's Eve and that date is special for all of us. Because it was New Year's Eve we had extra entertainment with noise makers and Liza and Mary Katherine couldn't stop blowing them.  
Back at Grandma's, Liza and Mary Katherine had fun floating their boats, made of leaves, in the pool.
 
 Liza and Mary Katherine enjoyed each other so much! Any time it was possible they were together and in this picture they were reading to one another.
 
As I've reported before, Bair does a great job of scoping out places to take Liza.  One day while Daddy went fishing Liza and I went to a great children's center in Stuart.  In this picture she is taking care of the dog in the vet area. 

  In the grocery section we filled cart after cart. I think Liza had the most fun filling a cart with nothing but eggs!
Darden was a big hit with both girls - he was their jungle gym and entertainer.  Darden played a game with them lifting them up and letting them touch the ceiling at Gaggy's.  I am sure he was worn out at the end of the night because they wouldn't stop asking to touch the ceiling. 
 On this special night we had lobster and funny Aunt SuSu brought them around for us to see. Liza wasn't particularly fond of it and jumped in her Daddy's lap to avoid touching it. I think this might be payback for the days when Bair chased his cousins around with live lobsters! 
 I love this picture because Liza is so expressive and I was glad we captured it on film!  MK and LB are the best of friends and share everything they can!
 
One of my favorite parts of going to Florida is seeing the trees covered with Spanish moss! On some trip I'm going to take a picture that is worthy of framing but for now this will have to do.
 Liza asked specifically for Potty Time Elmo and once she opened it; she rarely set it down.
 
We had a great time in Florida, loved being with family so much and are ready to get back to that warm weather soon. 

No comments: