Where do we start? We are so far behind on blogging. I have no chance of catching number of posts for 2009 but I'm going to give it my best attempt.
Our last post was in early October and since then Bair and Liza have been camping, Halloween has come and gone and Liza just gets cuter and cuter.
Bair and his college roommate, Dan, have been talking about a camping trip. I haven't been helping with the planning of the trip because camping and I don't necessarily get along well. But, I knew Bair hoped to give Liza the experience. Dan's wife felt about the same as I did so we were thrilled when they decided to make it a father and child camping trip. Dan and his two boys and Bair and Liza met in western Iowa and had a great time. I'm now convinced that some of my tendencies are rubbing off on Bair. When they arrived at the cabin there were too many dead bugs for him so he went to the closest store and bought a hand-held vacuum.
Not only was Bair excited about camping he was also pleased about testing out his dutch oven cooking skills. He had been practicing in the back yard with the fire pit and from what I heard he did a great job. Here is Liza showing off her Daddy's pineapple upside down cake.
I think all 3 children had a great time at the playground within the campground. From what I heard they made several trips there.
Thanks Packard family for a great time! I know Bair and Liza are looking forward to this annual adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment