Saturday, July 24, 2010

Poweshiek County 4H Fair

Another joy of living in a rural area -- the 4H County Fair!  Liza saw as many neigh-neighs and moo cows as she could stand and her Iowa Grandpa Jim fed her popcorn until I thought she was going to burst!  As you can see her Liza was giving him the popcorn filled thank you lots smile.  Jim told her he would even send the bag home with her and her face lit up.  Sarah and I conveniently left the bag for others to eat and I thought we were all clear because Liza didn't mention it the rest of the evening.  Unfortunately, the next day Liza asked me where was that bag of popcorn that Grandpa Jim said he was going to send home with her -- oops -- guess I didn't fool her! 


In addition to the fair confections, we were so pleased to see Katherine's photographs exhibitions and watch Maile ride her horse.  Here we made Katherine and Liza pose for us and they were happy to oblige!


And we were thankful to see Maile ride before the storm came blowing in!  Way to go girls!



No comments: