My Daddy does a great job preparing for an occasion and we were so pleased with how beautiful the table turned out. You might notice Liza's pink spoon at her place setting, that's because Dad thinks of everything!
The turkey was ready and smelled wonderful - the trick was how to cut it without many carving options. Once we figured out a system all things went smoothly! You can see Mom's gravy and green beans still on the stove. The green beans were very good!
The day after Thanksgiving was our 10 year wedding anniversary and we celebrated with a little bit of shopping! I went to Toys R Us for the midnight opening on Thanksgiving night and drove by Best Buy on my way home to see what it was like. The picture below is from my camera phone but it shows tents and how the campers were using shopping carts to block the sidewalks so people could not try and cut into their space. I wish I had a real camera for better pics!
Bair, I love you and am so happy to have been married to you for 10 years. As much as I love you, I don't think I'd ever camp out like this! I hope there is never anything you want this badly!

Later on Friday we took Liza to Toys R Us and had a lot of fun watching her recognize so many things we saw in the store. In a fast moving cart she can spot Dora from quite a distance. I think this might be our last year of being able to take her with us and buy gifts on the sly. She never once questioned why we had a big box in the cart with her!
After our anniversary comes my Mother's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom and thanks for all the wonderful things you do for us...like bringing this gingerbread house for Auntie Em and Liza to make together. You'd never know it but this project started shortly after waking at 6:30 am on Saturday morning.
Liza had a wonderful time with her Auntie Em and we loved watching them together! I think Auntie Em was hoping for straight lines and perfect candy placement but that just isn't Liza's style...yet...Rita reports Liza might be Type A already since she knows who coat is whose and who is playing with which doll!
Admiring all their hard work - way to go - Liza and Auntie Em!
2 comments:
Hi, Thanks for the pics. This is almost as good as being there. Can't believe 10 years. Congrats.
Judi and Dick
Nice job everyone! Looks like you had a good time together. Happy
10th anniversary!!
Andrea
Post a Comment