Friday, January 23, 2009

One Year Wellness Visit

We took Liza for her one year check-up and she passed! By one year of age, babies have typically tripled their birth weight and grown half of their birth length. As a reminder, Liza was born weighing 9 pounds 2 ounces and she was an even 21 inches long. She weighed 25 pounds 11 ounces, which is in the 95% percentile and she is 30.5 inches long, which is in the 90% percentile. She also has a big old "noggin" and we like to think it's because she has so many brains. During the one year wellness check they pricked Liza's finger to test her blood for lead. Liza watched the entire process intently and only cried when the nurse put the band-aid on her finger and didn't relax until she pulled the band-aid off herself. She is such a great baby and was laughing through most of the visit.

You learn a lot of things on the fly the first time you are a mom and I learned that I needed to take something to daycare and/or preschool to celebrate Liza's birthday. There are 6 children at Rita's, they are all of varying ages and since I'm opposed to goodie bags I was clueless. I certainly hope when Liza is older she'll forgive me for my less than Martha Stewart abilities.


This morning in her free time Liza decided to take the hats, gloves, scarfs and mittens out of the drawer...I just need to teach her how to put them back in!


And I think she thought if she smiled at me with her sweet little face that I wouldn't make her wear a hat...she was wrong!

3 comments:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Haley takes out all of my underwear and socks :) If you figure out how to get her to put them back, please let me know :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
We were just thinking about the birthday girl's big day this afternoon. So glad to find a cute entry. I think I recognize that chest she's getting into! Glad the doctor thinks she's as perfect as we do on her first birthday.
Much love,
Judi and Dick

Anonymous said...

PS
I think the cupcakes are clever and cute.
JGT